Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Creative Inspire 100210

Once I get done learning the billion other things I have on my plate to master, I want to take on the art of making video games.  I've been inspired.

Blender 3D is probably the most impressive open source application I know of.  It can create stunning 3D animations and when put in to the hands of dudes like pygmies, it can build pretty impressive looking video games using it's new game engine.

I can't wait for a playable version of this game to come out.  Sometimes it great to have a game with a simple concept.  Thump Stuff's title pretty much sums up the concept of this game.  There are some days I'd love to just club the shit out of everything I see.  That's a horrible idea though and would probably deem me to be a threat to society if it was ever carried out.  This game looks to be a much better solutions to take your frustrations out on.

Keep in mind that these are a look at the work in progress.  Imagine what it will look like when it's finished for real.

Thump Stuff WIP 2 from pygmies on Vimeo.


Thump Stuff blender game WIP from pygmies on Vimeo.


Ryan Snider
www.heshouldworkforme.com

Please share the inspiration!


No comments:

Post a Comment